(MBI-LIVE) Work and Life - A Balancing Act
- May 06, 2021 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Online Learning - Zoom
|Fee||Type of Fee|
|$100 / Person||MBI Members - First 2 People|
|$65 / Person||MBI Members - Each Additional Person From The Same Company|
|$135 / Person||Construction Update Subscribers & Non-Members|
This session is part of our series, The Changing Face of Construction.
Presenter: Alan Feirer, Group Dynamic - Winterset, IA
As the stress of trying to “get it all done” increases, we experience a plummet in productivity, loss of concentration, and spikes in irritability or low motivation. All these responses harm our personal and professional relationships. If we lead, we have an obligation to give those we serve our best, and that means maintaining optimal mental and physical energy. Work-life balance may sound like a pipe dream, but there are considerable payoffs in striving to maintain it to the best extent possible. This session will focus on practical ways to maximize efficiency at work, “do more with less,” set effective goals, and balance the needs of strategic analysis and planning with the limited number of hours in the day. In today’s pandemic, working-from-home era, we’ll also explore specific issues around working from home, such as broad dilemmas of how to step away from work, to the details of lighting, seating, and location.
- Assess your workflow obligations and then rank them by priority and follow prioritization
- Understand and implement techniques to head off interruptions before they occur
- Manage both your incoming and outgoing email in ways that are more efficient and productive
- Implement small changes to your working-from-home environment to increase work/home separation
Master Builder Designation: Project Management - 1.5 credits