Strategies for Successful Onboarding and HR Processes
- Sep 27, 2023 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM
- Elevate - Business and Events Center
- 4100 Westown Pkwy
- West Des Moines, IA 50266
|Fee||Type of Fee|
|$375||/ Person - MBI Members|
|$470||/Person - Non-Members|
Presenter: Mark Stanley, Why! Company - Johnston, IA
People – Can’t find the right ones! Can’t get them in the right seats! These are just a few of the common frustrations in running your own business and it’s super competitive out there for the right talent. In this workshop, we will be hands-on in helping you discover how to attract, hire, on-board and develop your most precious assets – your people. We will help you find ways to get “right people” into “right seats”.
We will help you discover the importance of culture, vision and purpose as a “retention” tool. We will walk through a simple talent assessment tool to help you know where to spend your development resources. We will teach you 5 management and 5 leadership practices and what the differences are between leaders and managers.
Finally, we will work through some simple tools and concepts to help you build a better leadership team that is coachable, open, honest and vulnerable – because, quite frankly – most leadership teams are not “teams” – they are just individual leaders stuck on a team. So goes the leadership team, so goes the rest of the organization.
- Understand what right people/right seat means
- Understand the importance of culture, vision and purpose as a rentention tool
- Understand how to assess and develop your most talented people
- Understand the 5 leadership and 5 management practices
- Understand how to get the help your leadership team needs to be more functional
Master Builder Designation: Leadership - 5 Credits