Blueprint Reading - Ames - Session 3: Plumbing / Mechanical / Electrical
- Oct 15, 2021 08:00 AM – 03:00 PM
- Ames, IA
A Fundamental Skill For Anyone Involved in the Construction Industry
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications.
Participants can register for the entire series to receive a discount, or register separately for only one or two of the sessions.
Session #3: Plumbing / Mechanical / Electrical
Presenter: Brad Perkins – Iowa State University
This session will focus on the reading and use of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans and specifications. Topics include:
- Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization.
- Mechanical systems, equipment, ductwork, & schedules.
- Plumbing systems, equipment, piping, & schedules.
- Electrical systems, equipment, wiring, conduit, one-line diagrams, & schedules.
- Electrical site plan.
- Mechanical, plumbing, & electrical details.
Master Builder Designation: Project Management - 6 Credits