Blueprint Reading : Architectural / Structural
- Nov 06, 2020 01:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Hilton Garden Inn
- 7213 Nordic Drive
- Cedar Falls, IA 50613
A Fundamental Skill For Anyone Involved in the Construction Industry.
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications. Participants can register for the entire series to receive a discount, or register separately for only one or two of the sessions.
Session #2 : Architectural / Structural
Presenter : Brad Perkins – Iowa State University
This session will focus on the reading and use of architectural and structural plans and specifications. Architectural and structural plan reading topics to be discussed include the following:
• Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization
• Use of standard architectural scales
• Architectural plan views, details, elevations, and sections
• Use of architectural schedules, notes, and symbols
• Structural foundation plans
• Plan reading for structural building systems, including precast concrete, structural steel, site cast concrete, and masonry