Blueprint Reading : Plumbing / Mechanical / Electrical
- Nov 13, 2020 08:00 AM – 03:00 PM
- Hilton Garden Inn
- 7213 Nordic Drive
- Cedar Falls, IA 50613
A Fundamental Skill For Anyone Involved in the Construction Industry.
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications. Participants can register for the entire series to receive a discount, or register separately for only one or two of the sessions.
Session #3: Plumbing / Mechanical / Electrical
Presenter : Brad Perkins – Iowa State University
This session will focus on the reading and use of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans and specifications. Topics to include the following:
• Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization
• Mechanical systems, equipment, ductwork, and schedules
• Plumbing systems, equipment, piping, and schedules
• Electrical systems, equipment, wiring, conduit, one-line diagrams, and schedules
• Electrical site plan
• Mechanical, plumbing, and electrical details